It’s always a smart idea to keep the best pocket knife sharpener handy, to keep your knives sharp and ready for any camping or backpacking trip. Before you plan your next camping or backpacking excursion, surely you must have included a sharp knife in your gear pack. If your knives and tools are starting to get dull then it may be time to add a pocket knife sharpener to your gear.
Even a high-quality knife will eventually dull. This can make it difficult to cut rope, trim sticks, and perform other outdoor tasks. In addition to a knife and other camping gear, you should consider packing a compact and easy to store pocket knife sharpener. Below, you will find two of the best pocket knife sharpeners along with their commendable features.
So take a look at these two reviews to help you decide which is the best pocket knife sharpener for you….
#1 Victorinox 4.3323 Pocket Knife Sharpener
The Victorinox 4.3323 Pocket Knife Sharpener is a quality tool. It is compact and easy to carry, but what about the specifics? Does it do everything that it is supposed to do? After some research and looking at what other customers had to say, we were impressed by the high ratings given to this sharpener:
- The Victorinox 4.3323 Pocket Knife Sharpener is capable of sharpening even the oldest knives. Taking an old, weathered 20 year old knife and making it brand new makes this compact sharpener worth its price.
- Customers enjoyed having 2 separate knife sharpeners in one compact tool. The Victorinox knife sharpener includes a V-shaped ceramic sharpener and a stick type sharpener for keeping a variety of different styles and types of knives sharp.
- Having such a small and compact knife sharpener came in handy for many customers, as you never know when you may wear out a knife. Adding it to their camping gear did not take up any extra room and it was ready for use at any time.
- If you purchase the Victorinox 4.3323 Pocket Knife Sharpener from Amazon today, you can save 22% on the list price of $17.50.
Get Your Pocket Knife Sharpener from Amazon Today
While the Victorinox 4.3323 Pocket Knife Sharpener is a great choice, it is not your only option. Make sure that you also take a look at the Smith’s 50408 Pocket Pal X2 Sharpener and Survival Tool.
#2 Smith’s 50408 Pocket Pal X2 Sharpener and Survival Tool
The Smith’s 50408 Pocket Pal X2 Sharpener and Survival Tool is more than just a pocket knife sharpener. It also offers campers a few extra tools that may come in handy. Take a look at the details of the Smith’s Pocket Pal X2 and see for yourself why it is one of the top pocket knife sharpeners available:
- The Pocket Pal X2 is really a multi-tool. It includes a variety of useful little tools that you may find helpful during a backpacking or camping trip. All of the tools are stored in the compact, sturdy housing.
- Having multiple tools is one of the main advantages of the Pocket Pal X2. Quite a few customers claimed that they were able to ditch a handful of their other survival tools in favor of this one compact set. Using the Pocket Pal X2 can actually free up some space in your pack.
- The push button LED is convenient, as well as the compass and whistle. A few small survival tools that you never know when you may need, makes this a great buy.
- As far as the knife sharpener aspect, the Pocket Pal X2 will work with just about any knife. There is a variety of sharpening angles for sharpening serrations, gut hooks, and single-bevel knives.
Replace Your Survival Tools with this Compact Pocket Knife Sharpener
There you have it - two great options for those looking for the best pocket knife sharpeners. Both products cost less than $15 and can easily be added to your backpack without adding any extra weight. Having a few safety and utility tools in your pack is a good idea, whenever you head out for some time in the woods. Whether you are backpacking or camping, choose the best pocket knife sharpener for your needs before your next trip. Pick one of these two options and place