Just because you’re going camping or hiking doesn’t mean that you need to survive on merely trail mix or dehydrated meals and jerky! You can just as well cook proper meals when on the trail, just so long as you have wood that will burn. This is not only fun – but also a lot more comforting and healthy. But of course, one big problem is a stove that is portable and good. Well, we’re solving the problem with these 3 camp kitchen stoves that you can choose from.
These stoves make it unnecessary to carry around fuel canisters and stove burners. Yes, you depend on the land, but most good and regular trails will offer you the needed dry wood and kindling. So with that decided, now check out your options…
#1: Solo Stove Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
The one great feature of this stove, which the other two lack, is the double walled structure. This allows for more effective burning of the wood, better and more uniform heating and also less smoke. And now to check out some snippets from the reviews:
- The design is really effective, and most people found it easy to use.
- No matter what you are using as fuel – pinecones, green stems, dried leaves or even bush – you still get a hot stove, just as with wood.
- In addition to being super portable, it also holds up in really cold climates as well.
Check out the rest of the reviews for yourself before you choose though. But once you do – go with Amazon for the best deals!
Now we look at simpler models – also less expensive ones.
#2: Vargo Titanium Hexagon Wood Stove
But even otherwise, this one is shaped for utility. The design is tapering at the top – which focuses heat to the cooking, increasing efficiency. The base has got air holes which keep the fire ventilated and lit. And now for the reviews:
- People thought that the way it folded up almost flat is a really nice touch.
- The titanium also makes it quite light – which backpackers appreciate.
- It produces a good amount of heat in a fairly short period of time – something hikers approve of, especially when it is cold.
And finally our third pick – pricewise they are roughly the same. But the design differs.
#3: Emberlit Stainless Steel stove
Also, do keep in mind, this one also folds up flat and is quite light. In addition to that, this stove actually comes with a lifetime warranty! So, shall we take a look at the reviews:
- It supports the fire easily and you can easily have a bright flame going.
- It assembles to form a very sturdy design – perfect for cooking even on the trail.
- You can get a fire going with even just small twigs and kindling if you are in an area where collecting firewood is illegal!
Check out the rest of the reviews now. And once you have done that, order at Amazon for the best shipping and prices.
And that was the last of our Camp kitchen ovens for you to choose from. Who doesn’t like a hot meal after a long hike? And with any of these, you can make that a reality. So choose wisely and be all set to go backpacking!