Camping and backpacking can be some of the most enjoyable hobbies to pursue. To get to test your limits, be close to nature and get some much needed alone time with your family or a special someone, far away from your beeping phones and technology! But no proper camping trip would be complete without a proper camp style meal. And while spitting meat is one option, most people prefer to cook up something using pots and pans. And now, instead of carrying the two separately, here’s the best camping pot & pan combo just for you!
You may be able to buy quite a few very handy and good quality pots that are fit for cooking over an open campfire. And the same may be true for pans as well. But consider for a moment, when you pack separate pots and pans, you are not only increasing the total weight but also the space they’ll take up:
- Usually you use the pot to make soups, stews or to just boil water. In any of these cases a lid is a must. And that lid will make carrying it more difficult, not to mention the added weight.
- Most pots and pans also come with fixed handles, and when it comes to packing – the handles that stick out are very unwieldly.
- And finally, you may be able to find a good pot – but that doesn’t mean you’ll find a reliable pan as well.
But this set actually solves all your problems in one go! And we have the details of this ‘set’ right here!
Now we aren’t sure if you can really call this a ‘set’ – because after all, it is just one thing that has multiple uses! But let’s leave the confusion aside and take a look at exactly what you will be getting….
The set is quite revolutionary. It consists of a large pot with a 1.6 liter capacity. That is good enough for most small families. The pot comes with its own spacious lid. But this lid isn’t just a lid, it is actually the frying pan, just upside down. Also, normally pots don’t have handles, but pans do. In this case both the pot and the pan have their own folding handles. These handles are super steady and durable, so no matter how many times you fold up or extend them, they’ll still be in perfect working condition!
Another advantage that many of you may find helpful is the shape of the pan. Since it doubles up as a snug lid, it’s actually got somewhat higher sides compared to most other pans. This makes it somewhat spill proof. And speaking about shape and size, let’s also check out…
The other specs
First, the pot and the pan both have rounded bottom edges. These ensure that you never have food stuck in any hard to reach corners, making them super easy to clean. But besides that, here are a few points:
- Both the pot and the pan are made of best quality titanium that is corrosion and dent resistant.
- The entire set weighs just about 230 grams!
- The pot has a diameter of 145 mm, whereas the pan is a little smaller at the bottom at 142 mm.
- The pan functions as lid, frying pan and sauce pan!
- It comes with a sturdy and well-made mesh bag for easy carriage. The bag being mesh, you can also stash in the pot and pan when still damp, they’ll dry out inside.
And after the specifications, it’s time to also check out what some of the reviewers had to say about it:
- Some people loved that the size of the pan is just right for frying up spam without affecting their shape.
- If you have an OMNIFUEL stove, then you’ll love that it fits snugly inside the pot and that means you save even more space while carrying your stuff!
- And it is above all, durable, lightweight and very affordable!
And without a doubt you should check out the rest of the reviews while you do consider it. And as for buying it from Amazon, they keep offering great discounts and you wouldn’t want to miss them!
Needless to say, with this best camping pot & pan, all your stewing and frying needs while you go camping will be met. And if the customer reviews are anything to go by, you’ll find this so convenient that even when not camping you’ll want to get it out of storage and use in your kitchen! So – what say… are you getting it?